Monday 3 August 2009

Take Pride

Am and I went to the Vancouver Pride parade yesterday. There was sequins, glitter, and more buff bodies than you could shake a whip at. It was tremendous fun. Apart from a pair of sunburnt ankles and a slight case of "camcorder's wrist", I seemed to hold up pretty well, considering that it was hotter than the surface temperature of the sun out there. The costumes and floats on display were, as you would expect, fabulous. I love a good drag artist. Infact, most people seem to? Nobody feels threatened by a drag queen. Except maybe other drag queens, then they can get pretty catty and vicious, but for the most part, people love them and rush to have their pictures taken with them. If you ever want to invade another country ( and I know I do ), just use an army of professional drag artists. Think about it, they are tall, athletic, can cope with pain ( high- heels ), love the heat, and they never quit. Teach them to shoot and they'll be unstoppable. And you just know they'll keep their weapons immaculate. They may take a while getting there in their 6-inch heels, but my god, they'll look great when they finally do. And no army in the world will stand up to them. They'll all be too busy having their pictures taken with them. As long as none of them turn up for the invasion dressed with the same assault rifle, you'll be fine.

Seriously though, I had a wonderful time, and I owe Am a lot for putting up with me and letting me stay longer in Vancouver. We checked out the stalls and markets afterward and the whole day was just so much fun. The only thing that I didn't like was all the litter that people seem to think it's acceptable to leave behind. There were bins and recycling stations all over the place, yet people just seem to think it's fine to dump their crap wherever they want to. It's sad, disgusting, and completely ironic that people turned out in their masses to celebrate their pride, yet take none in their city.

But I still had a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment