Sunday 5 February 2012

Fostering a Dog: Day 7

Foster dog has Kennel Cough. We think.

We've spoken to a vet, and they seem to think he'll be fine with a course of antibiotics. While we're waiting on the arrival of those, the vet suggested some over-the-counter children's cough medicine.

I felt a right wally in the Chemist when the assistant asked how old my child was. I wasn't sure whether she was looking for an answer in human or dog years.

After much discussion, mostly involving her distancing herself from any legal repercussions resulting from her selling me drugs for a dog, I managed to purchase him some cough syrup for a "chesty cough".

The "Ally McBeal" of the pharmaceutical industry even threw in a syringe with the syrup (in case we have to launch it down his throat). That was kind of her. She also pointed out that if the dog didn't like it, then we could use it the next time we have a cough. I never would have thought of that.

He's doing ok. Really tired most of the time, and the coughing can't be fun for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment