Saturday 4 February 2012

Fostering a Dog: Day ???

I've lost all track of time. If it wasn't for my occasional glancing at clocks, I would have no confirmation that the passage of time was being recorded at all. Except perhaps by others, making me and the continual tick tock of the Universe solely reliant on the continual efforts of the watch-wearing, clock-watching people of the Earth.

Sorry, what was I saying?

There's a theory that goes something along the line of: Once everything in the Universe has either faded into nothing, and all matter has decayed, there will be no way to measure time or the direction of time's arrow. The Universe and time could "reset" and everything starts from the beginning again.

Of course, this makes the Universe sound like a gigantic electric oven or VCR (remember those?). Maybe the earliest moments of the Big Bang appear as a gigantic flashing 00:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment