Thursday 30 December 2010

New Year's Eve

I was getting all sorts of unwanted interest in my whereabouts for tomorrow night. I couldn't understand why people kept asking me what I was doing and where I was going to be. I actually laughed when it dawned on me what the date was.

I'm not a party person and I have never been too worried about being around people for seeing in the New Year. It's just another day and I find it puzzling that people feel an overwhelming need to be with others around that time.

I know that Christmas and the New Year (just the day, not the whole year) are traditionally known for being stressful or depressing for some people, and reflecting on things and people that have been left behind is only natural. But it's not essential for me to be distracted by balloons and fireworks. I'm fine. It's sweet that family and friends were worried about me though.

Whoever you are and whatever you get up to, I hope that you have a fun night and a great New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment