Thursday 30 December 2010

Last Night's Dream


I was dumped by Alanis Morissette last night.
In my dream.

It was a huge surprise and came quite out of the blue. I didn't even know we were dating.

I came home to find her in bed, our bed, with our roommate, Kyle.
We had a huge row and she accused me of ignoring her and not putting enough into our relationship. To be fair, if I'd known we were dating (or even living together (with Kyle) ), I would have put more energy into the two of us.

She said she still loved me, she couldn't really see what the big deal was, and she was just using Kyle for sex (which I thought was pretty harsh considering Kyle was stood right there) because I was never around (which is unfair because I'd never even been in the apartment before tonight's dream, let alone dated Alanis).

I told her that I still loved her, but I wasn't looking for that kind of a relationship. I believe in being faithful to your partner, and I'll be friends with her, but I won't let her treat me like a door mat.

In the middle of my speech, she dumped me. She said "Well, in that case, I don't think we have a future and I'd like you to leave."

I was still rambling on about faithfulness when I realised that I should have dumped her first. I was talking for too long. It felt awkward to be dumped by someone that you have just caught cheating on you (with Kyle).

I was also confused as to who owned the apartment. If it was mine, I wasn't leaving.

She said my attitude was childish.

So I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her down to the lobby of the hotel (that we were apparently living in?).

I stood on the table of a restaurant that we were now in (?) and asked all of the people in there whether they thought that I was being treated fairly and whether Alanis should be allowed to dump me. Alanis just stood there, hanging her head in shame. In SHAME!

While I was in the middle of feeling morally superior, the train conductor tugged on my trouser leg and told me that we had arrived at the right station.

I got down from the table, picked up my knife and fork and got off the train. A woman came up to me and said "We've made contact with Heather. We've found her."

"That's great" I said. "Did she have the drill with her?"

And then I woke up.
Feeling really sad about the whole Alanis break-up thing. Isn't it weird how dreams can conjure up very real emotions and feelings.

2 comments:

  1. It is quite likely Alanis will now write a very angry song about you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wouldn't be the first time.....

    ReplyDelete